What is Finance?
It is the management of money which includes activities like investing, lending, budgeting, saving, and forecasting……. it can be the tools and analysis utilized to prioritize and distribute financial resources.
Financial stability requires the following:
A) Not putting yiur hope in your wealth
H)trustibg in God’s provision
J)Seeking Godly guidance and wisdom
What Does The Bible Have To Say About Our Financial Lives?
To enable us as Christians have a better understanding of this, we will be addressing a few point;
1) Putting Your Hope In Your Wealth: Matthew 6:24 No one can serve two masters(read up from the bible). Proverbs 23:4-5, Proverbs 11:28, Ecclesiastes 5:10,Proverbs 11:4.
2) Contentment: Philippians 4:11-13 Not that I speak from want, for I have learned to be content in whatever circumstances I am(read up from the bible) 1Timothy 6:6-12, 2 Cor. 12:9-10, Romans 8:28.
3) Giving: 2 Corinthians 9:7 Each man should give what he has decided in his heart to give, not reluctantly or under compulsion, for God loves a cheerful giver. 1 Corinthians 13:3, Proverbs 22:9, Matthew 6:2-5
4) Greed: Proverbs 1:19 So are the ways of everyone who is greedy for gain. It takes away the life of its owners. Proverbs 28:25, Luke 12:15, Ephesians 5:5 (A lot of times we are greedy with meeting our obligations in providing financial support to the things of God, when we read up the bible verses we will understand the spiritual backing we have when we support the things of God financially).
5) Planning Ahead: Proverbs 13:16 A wise man thinks ahead; a fool doesn’t, and even brags about it! Luke 14:28-30, Proverbs 16: 9,Proverbs 27:23 In summary we have to Seek Godly Guidance and Wisdom (Proverbs 12: 1, Whoever loves discipline loves knowledge, but whoever hates correction is stupid), i know we might be wondering how this can be achieved…………….its easy!trusting in God’s provision is the key to it all.