Holiness means being set aside for the God’s use no more for common use. Things that are holy; your time, tithe, marriage, you as a person. The focus of this message is the Bible is holy. 2 Timothy 3: 15-16 this emphasizes that the Bible is not just any book and the content can make you wise unto salvation. Your relationship with the Bible must be different from that with other books.
Things to note about the Bible
– The Bible is the Living word of God, no other book is alive. It is the only book that has never needed to be updated.
– As a child of God, you are to live by the Word for it is not a book of suggestions.
– Whatever God says, shall be for His word is settled forever.
– The Word of God is the truth and satan is the father of all lies, is irritated by the truth and tries to pervert it. satan said to Eve, did God really say, you shouldn’t eat the fruit.
4 Aspects to the Word of God:
– Promises: These are things God said He will do; healing, blessing, prosperity. Blessed is he that believeth for there shall be a performance of the things that were spoken of the Lord. Believing is your own part.
- Prophecies: Everything playing out currently, was prophesied by the Bible thousands of years ago. It might have not made sense then, but it’s happening now. E.g. Moving of the capital of Israel to Jerusalem.
- Past stories: The purpose of the past stories is to learn from them. The good, the bad and the ugly were written so we can learn from different aspects.
- Principles: There are principles to everything in the Bible. Principle to financial blessing; do not despise the days of humble beginnings. Principles to good marriage, selecting a spouse. You apply the principles to activate the plans of God in your life.
God’s word reveals the hidden intent of your heart. For the word of God is quick and powerful and sharper than any two-edged sword. Piercing even to the dividing asunder of the soul and spirit and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart- Heb 4:12.